Monday, February 23, 2009

Tick Tock

So we are exactly 1 week away from knowing if we are going to be raising a boy or girl. The range of emotions I go through every time I think about it is nothing short of impressive. I go from crazy excited and impatient to whoaaahh....dude....this is getting really really real now. Perhaps the reality of it should have hit me a little sooner. But since I don't feel any different, aside from continuous sobriety, it didn't. Whatevs.

My heart races when I think about next Monday. The uncertainty of what that day is going to hold for Travis and I is indescribable. I am so excited to see Travis's reaction when he sees it. So far, he hasn't really been able to experience any of this stuff as it is all going on in my ever expanding body. Aside from hearing the heartbeat, and watching me eat Drumsticks like they are going out of style, he hasn't had much to do. Not that seeing it is going to change what he can and cannot do during this part of this little experiment we have going on, but I think it might help him feel closer to the whole thing.

The curiosity of what this kid is going to look is making me a bit nutty as well. There is really no doubt what color eyes it will have, but things like it's face shape, nose, mouth, ears, those are the things I want to see. I realize that will have to wait until July, but I am so so so curious.

I am also very scared about what this ultrasound may show. It is the first time, other than listening for the heartbeat that there is a possibility of finding something wrong with the baby. I know there is no point worrying about it until we are there looking at it and can find out information from a doctor. But I can't help it, it's scary. I never thought I would want a Monday to come so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment