Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And it begins....

I am itchy. All over. Most of the time. My back and legs especially.

And now even worse, I have gotten the itch to shop. For everything. I want to buy clothes for me. I want to buy snuggly blankets for the baby. I want to buy anything cute for anyone I see. We shall see how excited I am to buy clothes when I actually go shopping and have to try stuff on this body. I am thinking ponchos. In many different colors. Oooo! Or mumu's!

I think the desire to get new things is the turning point for me to get excited about this whole deal. Before this point, I was excited, but more along the scared stiff, I cannot believe we decided this was a good idea lines. Now, all of a sudden, it's like the scared is still there, but the excitement of meeting this kid is taking over. There is a lot of stuff I am supremely worried about, *cough, cough, Aiden*, but a feeling of, "I think we can do this" is hanging around a bit more often.

However, that feeling was tested by the sweetest, cutest, shrillest little girl at the grocery store last night. That girl could pierce eardrums from three aisles away. No particular reason for the shrieking that I could tell, and no set pattern. About every 30-45 seconds or so she would let out the loudest, high pitched owl-screech a human that size can produce...Hold that incredible sound for about 14 seconds...And then take a drink from her sippy cup with a look like, "What? Did I do something?" It was impressive. The other impressive thing was how easily her mother was not bothered. She had three other kids in tow and needed to get some food. The look she had? "You wanna sound like a rabid howler monkey for no reason whatsoever? Knock yourself out. We gotta get some things done." I can only hope to have that woman's patience when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment