Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not yet!

It may be foolish, but I am hanging on to wearing my regular jeans as long as physically possible. I know that I would probably be more comfortable in maternity jeans, but I am having a hard time biting that particular fabric-filled bullet.

The amount of fabric incorporated in maternity jeans in frighteningly impressive. I did get one pair from my sister that is not the "full panel" type. I have to admit, those are much less daunting. I also bought a pair with the full belly tube sock thing because they claimed to be the most comfortable jeans blah blah blah. Admittedly, they were not uncomfortable, except they kept falling down....a problem I hope will be remedied when there is more stomach to fill the material requirements. But that nude colored spandexy tube top thing sewn onto the top of otherwise cute jeans totally ruins it. I know nobody can see it, but I can feel it and therefore I feel like they can see it. I am guessing it was a better look than the big-bellied old man look I am rocking right now. Since my belly is too big for my waistband, unless my pants are very low rise, my belly pushes the pants down it the front so I am continuously pulling them up in the back. Very fancy. But I am still in my regular jeans dammit!

After seeing myself in the bathroom mirror, I apparently need to suck it up and spend the money to get some new shirts as well. I look like I am wearing one of my niece's sweaters. She's 7. Good thing she has impeccable fashion sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment