Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The week of sobriety

So after a couple weekends of going out with our friends and being the only sober one, I was beginning to feel like a bit of an outcast. And feeling more than a bit of irritation that Travis was having such a good time. So I devised a plan. Not an evil plan mind you, but a plan to help him gain some perspective of what it feels like to be out with everybody, but not really out with everybody.

I proposed that Travis not have any alcohol for a week. I realize that is not a long time, but our social group goes out a lot, stays in a lot, hangs out a lot...most times having something of the alcohol persuasion accompanying our activities. Travis (much like me) also likes to have a beer or drink after work or perhaps wine with dinner. So I thought it only fair that he get to experience the feeling of not getting to have something solely because we are having a baby. Because frankly, I would kill for a day with all the coffee, diet coke and alcohol I wanted.

Monday was the first day. Obviously the first day was not a problem, but he did mention that a beer would have been delicious with our chicken tacos. I am more interested to see how the end of the week goes. It ought to be interesting come Saturday when we have friends in from Michigan that we haven't seen in almost a year. I'm bettin' the Stoli itch might be a bit intense by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment