Friday, February 20, 2009

9 &1/2 days.

Less than ten days. That's how soon I will know what gender the little critter is. When I first realized it was so close, I couldn't believe it! But now that I have thought about it for, oh, I don't know, less than a day, I cannot wait. At all. I now need to know this instant. Let's get this show on the road.

Travis and I have decided that once we know what this kid is...it's go time. Let's get to painting, moving appropriate things in and out of the room, registering for all the fun prezzies people will get to bestow upon us, planning planning planning.

I am really hoping knowing this tidbit is going to make things seem more real...although the coming and going of searing hot pains in my lower back are doing a pretty good job of making me realize something is perhaps amiss.

I also can't wait to see it. On the ultrasound I mean. I am excited to see in person too, but it could use a bit more cook time. I really hope I can tell what I am looking at. Usually when I see an ultrasound picture I'm all...yeah, I totally see it...sure...if you say so. I have never really understood how people could see anything resembling a baby in those white blobs on the picture. It's like a Warshak test from hell. My guess is seeing the whole process live, not just in still pictures, will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment