Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunshine Daydreams

It's the sun!  It's the sun!  It's the beautiful sun!  Seriously though, the sun was out and it was warm this weekend.  Warm enough to play outside without getting a Rudolph nose complete with a river of snot running down your upper lip.  In other words:  Glorious!!

Alex has definitely inherited my love of sunshine.  He tells me at least twice a day that he loves the sun..."I'm so happy it's not rainy Mom, because I love the sun.  Do you love the sun Mom?  I love the sun."  And he tells me this while tears are streaming down his face from his pale blue eyes that are watering from said bright sunshine that he loves.

On Saturday, it was overcast but warm so he hopped on his bike and I strapped on my Chasing Alex While Keeping Control of the Dog sneakers and we headed out onto the sidewalks.  At every corner, I would ask him which way he wanted to go and every single time his response was the same, "That way is back home, right? (me:  yes.)  Then I'm thinkin' we should go this way, not that way.  Not back home."  And this went on for 1.6 miles.  1.6 miles of him riding as fast as he could to the corner, skidding to a stop, giggling while waiting for Aiden and me to catch up, and then taking off again once we crossed the street.  About a mile into our adventure, it started to rain.  And when I tried to truncate the trip because I wasn't feelin' like walking around in the rain, the child that professes his love for the sun at obnoxiously repetitive intervals informed me that he didn't mind that it was raining because he loves the rain.  Of course you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment