Monday, April 15, 2013

Master of Pets

I thought there wasn't a chance Alex wasn't going to fall asleep on the way home from my sister's house last night.  Per usual, I thought wrong.  And to add insult to injury, he kept tricking me.  He'd be quiet for long periods of time and then out of nowhere he'd pipe up with something.  For the most part it was something about catching up to someone in front of us or slowing down so he could get another look at the big rig we just passed.

About 15 minutes from home, I swore he had fallen asleep...for sure this time.  Wrong.  Again.  His head popped up and he let me know the following:

"Mom.  So.  I want to have 2 pets, a T-Rex and a puppy.  Wait.  No.  4 pets.  Two T-Rex's and two dogs.  And the T-Rex's will stomp on things I don't like.  But they will have to stay outside because they are really big.  The dogs will be able to ride in the car with me, but not the T-Rex's; they're too big.  So we will have to walk with them or get a really big truck with a big trailer."

We're gonna need a bigger pet food budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment