Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Participating

We had some elections yesterday.  One of those elections was for the State Superintendent of schools; kinda important to me, so I headed on over to the polling site after work.  But since I went after work, I had Alex with me.  We've never really talked about voting with him being only 3 and all.  So on the way there I asked if he wanted to come with me to vote knowing I would have to explain what that was.

About 2 minutes after he said he wanted to go with, he finally asked me what voting is.  I told him that voting is how we decide who gets to make the rules.  That there are specific people we get to choose from and when you vote, you say which one you want.  He sat for a second and then said, "I want to vote for Duder.  He makes rules the best."

I have no clue who "Duder" is in this instance, but that is a nickname I have called him since he was a baby so...

No comments:

Post a Comment