Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'll take it!

The odd times that Travis actually gets done with work in time to pick Alex up, they go to the gas station and get string cheese and juice.  Every time.  I wasn't aware of this little trip until Alex brought home some string cheese for me too, and in turn busted them and their little treat journeys.

Let's just paint the bullshit picture, shall we?  I drop off and pick up almost every single day.  I get to be the mean one that leaves him there when he doesn't want to stay.  I get to be the one that forces him to leave his best friend dog at home every morning.  I get to force him to leave almost every afternoon after he realizes that he actually does like it at daycare and doesn't want to leave.  And the 1% of the time Travis swoops in and picks him up, he not only gets the awesome novelty of Daddy being at daycare, he also gets delicious treats.  Add that to, Alex has been asking me to take him to the gas station close pretty much every day.  So I get to say no to treats on a close to daily basis as well.  So not fair.

Yesterday was a red light morning and a green light afternoon, and ended with me bargaining a trip to bank instead of the gas station.  Due to the red light status yesterday, I felt it warranted to have a little talk on the way to daycare today about having a good morning.  And after we went over the appropriate way to act, I asked him if he knew who was picking him up this afternoon.  "Daddy!  Daddydaddydaddy!  Yay!  And then we get to get string cheese and juice and chips!!"  Great, now chips are in there as well?  Way to up the ante, Daddy.  Alex continued on with his celebration, "Daddy and I get to go to the gas station and that's why Daddy's the best daddy.  Daddy's the best daddy...and you are the BEST mommy, Mommy."

Between the sun finally shining and the knowledge that my kid thinks I'm the best mommy without string cheese and juice and chips, I'm havin' me a darn good Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment