Thursday, January 12, 2012

You can get with this, or you can get with that.

So when do you suppose I will fully accept the plain and simply fact that my life is just not the same as it was 3&1/2 years ago?  Not only accept that fact, but also not get bummed out about it fairly frequently.

Kari joined me in the esteemed ranks of 34 year olds on Tuesday.  And she celebrated by going snowboarding, have some drinks and then an impromptu trip to Ho-Chunk for the night.  Now she will be the first to tell you 34 is too old to snowboard for the first time.  That is not where I get all "I Used to be Someone Different."  That comes in when I think about her having the ability to decide at 6pm she is heading out of town for the night.  I used to be in a place that if I wanted to just take off for the night, I could.  I don't know that I ever actually did that, but I could have.  Not a realistic option any more.

So if it isn't something I would have been likely to do when I had the chance and now it would require the stars to align just right with the moon while kissing the house my astrological sign is in, why am I letting it get to me?  Because I am me.  And I want to believe I am still as cool and fun as I used to think I was.  But at the same time I really am happy with most aspects of my life and I wouldn't give up what I have now in a million years.

So basically, I want to have my kegger and drink it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment