Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To Protect and To Serve

The thought of Alex being sad actually hurts.  It takes the breath right out of me and makes me feel like a giant yak is sitting my chest.  I am not sure why all of sudden it is on my mind more, but it is right there, front and center, poking my brain with its sticky macaroni 'n' cheese covered fingers.

I have to go to a conference for work on Sunday.  I leave around 11am and am back Monday afternoon, most likely in time to pick him up from day care.  And it is making me sad that I will be away from him.  Last night, when I turned on the monitor and laid down to sleep, I heard him squirming around a little bit and I was instantly sad that he wasn't snuggled up with me..safe and warm and not available to any boogy men.

This summer he is supposed to go on a week long camping trip with his cousins and Trav's parents.  A week.  I am having heart pains about a day.  What in blue blazes am I gonna do with a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment