Friday, January 6, 2012

Cars cars cars

Last night, Alex didn't want to stop doing any activity.  He didn't want to stop feeding the dog spaghetti noodles.  He didn't want to stop having Travis sneak around and jump out and scare us.  He didn't want to stop taking a bath.  He for sure didn't want to stop watching Cars.

Yes, I am aware it was beyond stupid of me to turn on that fucking movie with a short amount of time before bed.  But I needed to dry, lotion and pajama that kid.  And once that movie starts, he is a statue.  A blank stared, open mouthed statue.  Read:  easily dried, lotioned and pajamaed child.  Before I started it, I told him he could watch until the first race was over and then we were turning it off.  Based on his level of agreement to that deal and subsequent screaming fit when I reached for the remote to turn it off, I am pretty sure he heard was "Yes, we can absolutely watch Cars...in it's entirety...twice."

He is well aware that when I say I am doing something I am going to do it, so he knew that tv was getting turned off lickety-split, especially when the fit started.  But he got me last night.  He stopped crying right as I was pointing the remote and recited along with Lightning "Rusteeeeeze" while looking at me with an "if I look cute enough, she will laugh and I will get a couple more precious Cars seconds" face.  He was right.  Couldn't be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment