Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Go West Young Lady

I've done it.  I have committed to going to California in mid February.  On a free flight.  To hang out with my favorite person in California who will be taking me to see Lauryn Hill in San Francisco.  Tough decision, right?  It's me, so yes, it is a tough decision.

I am finding myself all of a sudden freakishly attached to Alex.  I wasn't actually willing to give him away before, but now the thought of being away from him makes me sad.  I want him with me at all times.  He cracks me up and I love having his companionship.  I have been almost late to work the last two days because I don't want to get up off the couch from our morning snuggling.  Even if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on.

I am not complaining mind you.  I really like this new found extreme attachment.  It makes the moments he is an absolute pill a little easier to deal with.  But it is making it hard for me to do things for myself.  Which is silly.  The logic side of my brain knows that I need to do social things away from him to keep both his and my sanity in tact...or at least the same level of in tact as mine was to start.  But I don't want to.  I want to hang out with him.  But then I remembered a post from not too long ago where I was all whiny about how I want to have the ability to go do fun stuff and my life is so different and blah blah blah.  And here I am with a chance to go do something super fun and I was this close to turning down the offer...because I don't want to be away from my boy for 4 days.

Here's your chance ya freak, DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment