Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wahidontwannago!

This kid is freaking lucky I have this new found extreme attachment going on.  The last three mornings have been just a bit less desirable than having breakfast with a quill shooting porcupine that rolled in dog shit.  This morning, I lost all patience and finally just crammed that kid in his car seat without a shred of winter outerwear on his body while he was screaming and crying and arching his back like a lightning bolt had just landed on his head.  I had had it.

For the third morning in a row, there was a tantrum about getting dressed.  For the third morning in a row, there was a tantrum about turning off that goddamn mouse.  And for the third morning in a row I had to hear, "But I don't WANT TO!"  Really?  You don't want to?  I never would have guessed.  But too bad for you because I am chompin' at the bit to get to work and you can't stay home with the dog, so you gotta come with me.  We all don't want to kiddo, suck it up.

I realize that's a bit harsh, I mean he is only a little guy with limited understanding of the world around him, but holy hell it's been a rough three mornings.  And I would now like to take a moment to apologize to my mom and dad for every single "idonwanna!" ever to escape these lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment