Friday, August 26, 2011

Work in Progress

I saw this on Mariah's blog this morning. I should put this on a piece of paper and keep it on my person at all times:

"You interact with the same people, you coddle them, because the truth is in your next stage they might get left behind. But who are you to stagger yourself for no one else's gain? By staying behind you don't do any favors, instead you'll grow more restless knowing this is not where you belong. Sometimes all it takes is looking back to where you came from to be inspired about who you could be. You're not a finished product, you have more work to do. And sure that's hard, but it's hard to keep a soul from getting to its next stage. Today, remember your soul will never stop growing. Be restless enough to come undone and come into yourself again." - Leslie Pitterson

I really have a hard time with big decisions. Anything from changing jobs, moving houses, or having a kid. And my biggest hurdle is always how I think those changes will affect my relationships with my friends. I need to get my brain to a place where it understands day to day things may change, but I have got the most amazing group of friends and no job, house, or anything else is going to change that.

We'll see how I do next time a change comes 'round.

1 comment: