Thursday, August 25, 2011

All wet

It has been previously mentioned that this kid really really loves water. He especially likes playing in the kitchen sink. He can move the chair to the sink, he can adjust the water flow, he can pull the faucet head out and make a sprayer out of it. How exciting!

Last night he had a particularly messy dinner so I told him he could wash his hands in the kitchen sink. This accomplishes three things. 1. His hands get clean sans fit throwing. 2. He is entertained. 3. Due to the entertainment value, I have a hot minute to clean up the disaster he has created before it dries onto my table like some sort of mutant tomato sauce/yogurt/milk concrete.

While he is playing in the sink and I am cleaning up, the kitchen is filled with a rather loud narration from Alex. "Dump it. Dump it. Dump it. Wash hands. Wash belly. Dump it." All accompanied with giggles and delighted shrieks. Last night, "All wet." was added to the narration. I didn't think anything of it because, you know, he was playing with water. But he kept repeating it over and over, so finally I looked up and asked what was all wet. Yeeeeaaaahhh...that would be my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment