Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And away we go!

Alex went on his first field trip today. The daycare took the kids to a local creamery. They are brave beyond words. I can't imagine trying to control those kids when they are contained in a room made specifically for them. Taking multiple of them out to someplace not kid-proofed is just crazy talk. But they can also magically get him to take a nap on a mat that has no confining bars so whatever.

All of the parents received permission slips to sign and return with the field trip fee. My reaction to the permission slip surprised me. I was instantly in shock. I am not old enough to be signing field trip permission slips. I am not old enough to have a kid that is old enough to go on a field trip. Right? Nope. I am old.

But then this morning I went to use my phone and the screen was all sticky from my little monster "texting" last night. So I am still young enough to have a kid young enough to have constantly sticky, grime covered fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment