Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Let's go!

This morning was another one of those roller coaster mornings. Luckily, the roller coaster was mostly up in the air and speeding right along. There were a few dips and dives, but nothing we couldn't deal with. Which is good given the state of my leg. Anyone sick of hearing about my leg?

Getting the boy dressed was a bit of an adventure. A kicking squirming fake crying adventure. But after that, he was all about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning...singing along, calling for Toodles, saying Cheers...all important activities on any Mouskaventure.

Even though he was really diggin' it, he turned the tv off the first time I asked him, said good-bye to the dog and walked out the door with me. And then he saw his tricycle. And then he sat on his tricycle. I started to repeat myself about how we needed to get going and that he needed to come with me. And then I said screw it. I looked at him and said, "I'm a leaving. You coming?" He said no and told me in no uncertain terms he was intent on riding his bike. So I said, "K, see ya." and walked to the garage.

That little shit let me get all the way into the garage and in the truck before he came outside calling for me. So at the door of garage I sweetly asked him if he was comin' with me. Which was answered with an overly excited YES! And he ran across the lawn screeching, "I RUNNIN' MAMA! I RUNNIN'!" And we were off. Smooth sailin' baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment