Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today is a good day.

For the first time in just over a week: I can pick my foot up about half-way to a butt kick, I am walking like a normal human instead of a handicapable penguin, and I can sit down on the toilet without feeling like I have a spiky boulder in my right butt cheek attached to the other spiky boulder in my hamstring. You know what that is people? Progress baby! And not a moment too soon. My attempt at having a positive outlook and good attitude in general about this injury was gettin' pretty weak.

I am up 8 flippin' pounds since this happened. Some of it is due to the insane swelling, but no working out makes me feel kinda squishy all over. Add the squishy to the nasty huge number on the scale and you get one unhappy Mama Bird. So last night, I employed a upper body work out consisting of various crunch-style things, push-ups and some shadow boxing. I didn't get very far before my meddling munchkin asked What doing? I told him I was exercising. He responded with a hearty laugh and saying, "Stop it Mama." His laugh and intonation made it very clear he thought I was being ridiculous. Ridiculous or not, it felt really good to get the ol' ticker pumping a bit. Here's to hoping I will be screaming profanity at Jillian again real quick like.

No comments:

Post a Comment