Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do as I say, not as I do.

Thursday's pick-up from daycare included 2 incident reports (ie, Alex bit someone) and 1 ouch report. The ouch report let me know that Alex was put in a time out because he was being a big jerk and he was so mad about it, he bit himself. In fact, he bit himself so hard, he still has a slight bruise...6 days later. Monday I was told he attempted to bite twice. Yesterday there was a highlighted note that he was being a bully and biting and hitting kids.

So obviously I took a moment or five to talk to his teacher about all of this. Alex was playing while we were talking and was being very well behaved. I finished up with his teacher and told him it was time to leave. And he of course needed a drink of water before we left. I conceded the one drink but put my foot down about leaving when he wanted to play with the Guinea Pigs. He disagreed with my departure time, so I picked him up and started toward the door. And he hit me. Not hard and only in the shoulder, but he hit me. So as he was winding up to hit me again, I reached across with my free hand to grab his arm in an effort to stop the hitting while telling him not to hit.

Aaaaaand in doing that, I socked him right in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment