Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stupid teeth. Who needs 'em?

The kid that I knew no longer lives in my house. He has been replaced with a very close replica, but the replacement Alex does not eat anything solid. Scratch that. He will eat three bites of anything solid. But that is it. No more.

Apparently he is eating at daycare. Not as much as normal, but eating. And without the insane wolverine routine that we get to witness at home. The daycare teachers don't know how lucky they have it.

Once again I am back to blaming his wretched behavior on teething. I didn't think he was working on any of those horrid little white demons until last night. His right cheek was bright red. Only the right one. I am taking a stab in the I-have-no-idea-what-the-hell-I-am-doing-on-a-daily-basis dark and saying that somewhere on the right side of his mouth, he is growing a tooth or two. Aside from the trademark flushed cheeks, or cheek in this instance, he will readily eat things that are hard and kinda scratchy. Cheerios, puffs, corn flakes. I am thinkin' he's got that tooth pain that feels better when you irritate it. A good hurt. Like making it hurt more on purpose makes it feel better when you are not intentionally making it hurt. Make sense?

Anywho, here's to hoping the tooth or teeth will soon be in and the food strike will be over. He is just a little peanut...he doesn't have much weight to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment