Thursday, April 8, 2010

He did it!

Look out world, Alex T. Julius is mobile. He has finally figured out how to get all four flailing limbs to work together for the common goal of forward motion.

We have yet to witness it as the little stinker decided to figure it out at daycare, but I did get a video of it sent to me this morning. It definitely makes me sad that I have to work full time and have missed this big first. And am going to miss a lot of firsts. But the flip side of that...the teachers at daycare are so excited. The director sent me the video right after she took it and then squealed with delight right along with me on the phone when I called her. And yes, squealing is the best and only descriptor for the sounds coming out of both of our mouths! We sounded like a couple of hyper-active pigs.

I am so excited and scared all at once with this milestone. Now we've got proof that he is continuing to grow and develop. But the previous milestones did not involve chasing and baby proofing and chasing. And some more chasing.

1 comment: