Friday, April 16, 2010

Parenting FAIL

So as I stated previously, the boy has been waking up at ridiculous hours in the morning with his mouth open like a hungry pterodactyl. So I have been trying to give him more food before bed to help him make it to an acceptable time in the morning. Because I am selfish. And sleepy. And I love my bed. And my pillow. Oh, how I love my pillow! I am a bit of a pillow freak and this pillow? This one that I currently have? Fan-fucking-tastic. And I got two for the price of one! So I have a back up fan-fucking-tastic pillow! Does it get any better? No, it does not...well, except for getting to spend more time with my head on said pillow.

Anyway! Back to the food and me cramming my baby full of it...

We have also been trying to feed him his dinner a little later each day. We/he had slipped into a habit of feeding him right when we got home which was an issue if I needed to go anywhere after work. He would just look at me like, Target? Really? Great. Are they going to serve me dinner while you look at shirts? No. Let's get home shall we? So we have been slowly pushing back his dinner time. Last night, he had dinner at 6:30 or so. Then I put him in his PJ's and sat down with him, his blanket and his bottle. Which he almost finished. It was a 9oz bottle. So I am thinking, Sweet Action! He is gonna sleep great! I give him a kiss, put him in his crib and close the door.

About ten minutes later he is kinda fussing. Nothing terrible, but enough that I knew he wasn't going to fall asleep. So I go in to check and make sure he isn't stuck on his hands and knees again. And no, he wasn't stuck, he was laying on his side...with his head resting in a giant puddle of puke. Yeah...I think maybe perhaps I fed him a bit too much.

So bed time was delayed by a bath, an outfit change, a bed sheet change and a little extra rocking. But he slept straight through until 5:30! Win?

1 comment:

  1. HI Jackie! Love your blog! Okay, I am guilty of this as well. I tried to give Nora a LONG feeding session once, heard her fussing after she went down so I went to check on her and she was in a pile of puke. I felt so bad! Congrats on the crawling. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete