Friday, April 30, 2010

Creatively Makeshift

One would think that since Alex has been mobile for a bit now we would have the house pretty much baby-proofed. One would be wrong. It is on my list for this weekend. But since the official baby-proofing hasn't gone into affect yet, I have been forced to improvise.

I did buy a couple gates to facilitate an appropriate situation for me to be able to shower in the morning if the beast is awake. Now, if I need to shower and he is awake, one gate goes in front of the stairs, one gate goes in the doorway to the kitchen, the door to his room and the closet get closed, and TADA!!! the tiniest hallway in all the land becomes a play pen! I do leave the bathroom door open so I can hear him and peek out of the shower and check on him...like every 7 seconds. But since the door is open, he has access to the bathroom cabinet and the toilet. Neither of which have any sort of anti-baby device whatsoever. So currently there is a roll of masking tape on the back of the toilet. Before I get in the shower, the cabinet door and toilet lid get taped in a closed position. Totally keeps him out. White trash much? Yes.

Speaking of tape, we cannot figure out a different way to keep the entertainment center drawers closed. I think the drawer latch thingys that every other parent on the freaking planet uses would work just fine. Trav does not agree. He thinks that if we use those, Alex can get his fingers pinched in the drawers since they would open just a bit. So, to avoid pinched baby sausage fingers, the drawers are currently taped shut with blue masking tape. We are the definition of classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment