Monday, March 1, 2010

Hell no! He won't go!

I feel like my life has become a horrible record that is stuck on repeat. The sleep strike continues. I am starting to become suspicious of the origin of this child. There is no way he belongs to Travis and I with how much he apparently hates sleeping. I love sleeping. Travis loves sleeping. The dog loves sleeping. Alex? Not so much. He will actually shake his head back and forth when he feels himself falling asleep in a last ditch effort to stay awake. It's like he thinks he's a trucker pulling an over night drive. Must. Stay. Awake.

It wouldn't make me so batty if the lack of sleep didn't make him sooooo whiny. That and the screaming when I can't take it anymore and leave him in there to deal with himself. But damn he is a defiant little bugger. He will cry and scream for what seems like eternity...quiet down for a fraction of a millisecond...and then literally yell at us. Like a lot. I am ecstatic that we cannot understand the words he is yelling because I am quite positive he is calling us some pretty nasty names.

Last night he was really good about going down and only woke up once. That wake up was horrendous for about 45 minutes, but at least it was only once. Slowly but surely we will get this kid to sleep through the night again. Just in the nick of time for him to get sick or grow another tooth I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment