Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ready....GO!...or not.

This kid is so close to crawling it is killing me. I still like the fact that he is mostly immobile, but come on already.

He is now to the point that when he does manage to get his knees under himself, he immediately starts rocking. Kinda like he is a wind up race car. You know...the ones that you have to pull back a million times to wind up the wheels...and then you set it down and let 'er rip! It's kinda like that. Only there is no "let 'er rip" part. Just the winding up. Followed quickly by flattening out. MatchBox would not be impressed.

The thing that is killing me the most is how frustrated he gets. He knows he wants to move. He knows where he wants to go and what he wants to get. He just can't put all the steps together to make it happen. And wow does that piss him off. This is where my multiple issues come in.

1. I know I have to let him figure it out.
2. I know eventually he will figure it out.
3. I don't like seeing my sweet little beast boy frustrated.
4. I really don't like the noise my sweet little beast boy makes when he is frustrated. Anger mixed with sad, whimpery, incoherent pleading for someone, anyone to fix the problem. It is not a good color on him.

And so go the daily lessons in patience at the Julius House-Madison Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment