Friday, March 12, 2010

Good Luck

It's a big weekend this weekend.

Jeffrey and Claire are getting married! Yay! I am so excited! Exclamation points everywhere!!! Not only is it incredibly exciting that two of our great friends are getting married, there is added excitement because Travis and I are both in the wedding. I am really looking forward to standing with our friends and supporting them as they take this step together. I've been humming "Goin' to the chapel" for about a solid week now.

It's a big weekend for the beast child as well. He is having his first weekend getaway without us. My brother- and sister-in-law are taking him. For the WHOLE weekend. Julie is coming to pick him up around 3pm today. And taking him with her. Without me. The range of emotions going on in this little head of mine is just about twenty seven feet beyond ridiculous.

On the one hand I am as excited panda with fresh bamboo that I do not have to be responsible for keeping the child fed, clean and breathing. So excited. I may even get to sleep in past 5am. 5am. That by the way, is the new wake up time this beast of mine has decided on. This morning he even pushed the envelope a little further and was in there WIDE AWAKE talking to himself at 4:45. Not even the stupid Cheeseburger bird was awake yet. He and I will have words. Not that it will do any good, but words will be spoken on this matter.

Anywho, sleeping in is on the schedule if at all possible. Also, going out and being social. Without vomit on my shirt and a nuk in my pocket. Does it get any better than that? No. No it does not.

But then the mom part of me gets all sad. Last night I didn't want to put him to bed after his bottle because I realized that was going to be the last time for two nights that I get to have that time with him. It's one of my favorite times with him. You want to have your heart melt? Feed an 8&1/2 month old his bottle before bed. He holds my finger with one hand and the blanket with the other. Every time he looks up at me, I get a big milk-dribbling smile from behind the bottle. Oh and the contented sighs! Kills me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment