Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Baby Go!

I think we maybe perhaps might be getting closer to crawling. I cannot believe I am still saying this, but thems the facts. He is still not crawling. He is flipping and flopping from front to back all over the place and spinning in circles to get places when he is on his stomach, but no crawling. What makes me think we might be closer? The backwards scooting has started. And it has got some speed to it.

This morning I plopped him down on his play mat with an array of toys just like every other morning and went to the bathroom to make myself presentable for work. He was just out of eyesight, but I could hear him lecturing his toys. And then I realized, the lecture seemed to be a bit closer. So I peeked out and yes indeed, he was definitely not where I left him. And very proud of that fact I might add.

In a quick scan I found the closest thing to keep him contained. A laundry basket. I threw in a couple toys and Voila! Instant playpen. Kinda. He was amused for about 2.7 minutes. The point of all this? I am either going to have to drastically amend my morning routine or hope he really likes his jumperoo in the morning!

All this changing and growing and developing new skills is just down right nutty. I know this will be shocking, but I have got some conflicting emotions goin' on. On the one hand it is so cool to witness a human growing and learning. It seems like every day he has a new trick to amuse us with. But on the other hand is that nasty change thing. I want to just stop him right here. No more growing. Problem is I seem to say that with each new stage. Maybe I am growing! I mean aside from my ass. Maybe I am learning to deal with and accept change! Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment