Thursday, March 18, 2010

He might be Irish

Alex had his first Irish meal last night. A sampling of an Irish meal anyway. We went out for Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner. He sat on Trav's lap and ate anything Trav was willing to share. He tried everything except the bread. He loved everything...corned beef, carrots, cabbage, potatoes.

I am not sure how to get this trait of eating EVERYTHING we give him to stick. Do I need to promise my soul to someone nasty? Done and done. It would make me a very happy person to not have to hear, "I don't like that" before he tries something. If he doesn't like it after trying...fair enough. Although thus far that has not been the case. Could a love of most things edible possibly be an inherited gene? Can you pass on being a foodie?

I also realized we are positively terrible about documenting anything with pictures/video. A normal parent would have brought a camera along when she knew her baby was going to be eating his first Irish dinner. I didn't even think to bring a single toy along much less a camera. Apparently "normal" is not an adjective that would be in my parent-bio.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for corned beef and cabbage! I can't believe he is big enough to eat all that stuff! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete