Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting....

Alex is a complete mystery to me. I swore up and down he was on the verge of crawling almost a month ago. We got nothin'. He will spin in circles to get some where when he is on his stomach, but no attempt to get his knees under him. He is, however, flipping over onto his stomach quite often on his own. I am taking that as a good sign. But as soon as I get the slightest bit concerned about him not crawling I quickly remember to relish in the fact that he is hardly mobile right now. My morning routine is going to have to drastically change once he figures it all out. And we all know how I feel about change. It is a scary, snarley haired, snaggle toothed monster that should stay hidden in the shadows forever and ever amen.

I have to say he seems to much prefer standing. I think this preference is only because the sitting and/or laying positions do not provide the jumping option. He can kick while laying down or sitting, but where there is no jumping there is no joy apparently. He LOVES to jump. In the jumperoo, on my stomach, on my lap, it doesn't matter. Just hold him in a standing position and get ready...May the jumping begin! And with the jumping...giant smiles, laughing, and the more than occasional squeal/screech combo. And don't forget the pauses to make sure anyone available is watching the jumping. What's the point of putting on such a magnificent show with no audience?

No comments:

Post a Comment