Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sun Shining, Birds Chirping!

We are sneaking up on spring, and I cannot wait. Trav and I took both beasts for walk after I got home from work yesterday. Be-a-utiful. Not only was the weather great, but we realized something about our neighborhood. It totally comes alive at the first hint of warm weather. It's a different sort of alive than we get all winter. It's mostly what we ended up naming "Crackhead Alive" in the winter. When it's freezing outside you only see the crazies out and about...and people walking dogs. But the dog walkers are too bundled and cold to be happy.

But then the snow melts, the sun comes out, the temperature rises, and lo and behold! We have nice, normal people living all around us! People with dogs and kids and smiles that don't scare me. It is more than refreshing to see the not crazies. We have slightly more than our fair share of nutballs in our neighborhood, and over the winter I was starting to think they were taking over. After our walk I am feeling reassured that us "normal" people still have the upper hand around these parts.

Anyway, the other exciting thing about the walk was this: No car seat/carrier thingy in the stroller. Just the beast boy sitting up in the stroller like a big kid. He looked soooooo old. And sooooo cute. He absolutely loved it. His little feet barely made it to the edge of the seat part, but they were sticking out and kicking the whole time. When we would go for walks with the carrier in the stroller, he was almost completely reclined, and facing me. So he only got to see sky, tree tops and my lovely mug. This time, he kept turning around and looking up at me and then looking back out in front. Kinda like he was saying, "Do you see this? I get to look at all this stuff? Not just your face?!?!" Pretty sure he likes the new set up better.

No comments:

Post a Comment