Monday, June 24, 2013

Neighborly Love

Yesterday was very hot and I thought nothing of it when I chose shorts and a tank top as my attire for the day.  The first tank top I chose has a cute little bit of crochet at the top on the back.  Super cute, but shrinks pretty badly in the wash.  So I gently tried to stretch it.  Poor craftsmanship coupled with my lacking knowledge when it comes to my own strength resulted in a ripped tank top.  Nothing to worry about, I just headed back into my black tank top repertoire and started my day.

Alex and I went to the park with some friends and then spent a couple hours swimming.  Which is when I figured out the elastic in my swimsuit decided the long winter in a drawer was just too much to handle and it had peacefully said goodbye to this world.  Again, I was not about to let a wardrobe issue thwart my day, so I just made do with the least amount of casual swimsuit picking out of butt as possible.

When we were home later, I got myself an impressive case of the hiccups.  My dear neighbor claimed to possess the ultimate hiccup cure in his arsenal, and I had no choice but to succomb.  His cure involved me standing with my arms above my head while he fed me water until I couldn't drink anymore.  After some water spilling on my tank top and a modest burp, we deemed he had rid me of my breath stealing demons.

It wasn't until late last night when I finally got in the shower that my little triumphs over small mishaps throughout the day came crashing down around me.  It was then that I raised my arm in an effort to determine if a razor was accompanying my shampoo and conditioner to the shower when it hit me.  My delicate little underarms hadn't seen a razor since Thursday.  And at that moment all I could picture was my poor neighbor standing close enough to me to pour water in my mouth while I was shoving my hairy armpits in his face.  So classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment