Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Alex's vacation

Based on the pictures I kept getting while we were gone, I wasn't sure Alex was going to want to come home with us.


Apparently he asked for watermelon for breakfast.  This is what my mom gave him.  And now you can be sure you know where my smartassedness comes from.






He loves anything and everything to do with horses and the barn; lawn tractor notwithstanding obviously.



Gramma decided the green/yellow/red light system would be useful during his stay.  I challenge her to make me believe she ever would have actually moved him off of the green light, but that's what grammas are for, right?

As you can see, he did quite well.

I got a voicemail from my dad telling me that for no discernible reason, Alex put him on the yellow light.  But told him that he would think about moving him back to green after a trip to Culver's for lunch.

And then, I found he put Aunt Nicki on the red light.  Again for no apparent reason.  Although if I were to venture a guess...this red light placement was utilized strictly to get a rise out of his aunt.  And since I got a text from her claiming her red light status was bullshit, I'm pretty sure he achieved his goal.  I do have to agree with her on the bullshit call though seeing as though every single picture she sent me was of my child consuming some sort of sugar.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he enjoyed his vacation.  But, he was so ecstatic to see us, any worry of him being sad to go home instantly melted.  He ran out to meet us in the driveway, squealing like a piglet the whole time.  He switched off between having one of us constantly hold him while he repeatedly introduced both of us to the rest of the family.  "This my dad, Travis.  This is mom, Jackie.  Her long name is Jacqueline."  I think he introduced my dad and Travis close to a dozen times.  It's so good to have that little snot around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment