Monday, June 10, 2013

Aaaand we're back!

The house we stayed at while in California was nice, but terrifyingly difficult to get to.  After you drove 7 miles of switchbacks up the side of the mountain, you got to the driveway...And then you had to drive another 2 miles of switchbacks, but this time without the luxury of paved roads.  I swear every time I looked out my window I could see the Grim Reaper waving at me from the bottom of the cliff 3" from the side of the car.  Not a menacing wave, just a "Hey there!  Be careful, but I'll see ya soon!"  But the view once you got up there...wowsers.
 Just making sure you can really notice how high up we were.  We were ABOVE the clouds.
We were also very alone up there.  No neighbors, no nothin'.  So naturally, I concluded we were going to get eaten by bobcats.  You never know when one might sneak up on ya, so better to pretend to be scared at all times.
Getting to the wedding venue wasn't quite as dramatic, but the views were just as breathtaking.



And in case you're wondering, yes, I did lay down all of that burlap you see on the floor of the tent and secure it with a zillion staples I personally shot out of a staple gun.  And Travis did in fact hang those paper lanterns (and about 73 other ones).  And we also made and placed all 700 of those luminaries you see lining the vineyard driveway there.  Set up for this wedding was nutballs.  And it was reeeeeally hot.

And it was all for these freaks!

Congratulations Brett and Melanie!  It may have been 113 degrees and we may have blown the power supply for the entire valley, but we got to get you two hitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment