Friday, June 28, 2013

Experimenting

Any time I have talked to my doctor about my brain pills and how long I will be on them, I have gotten the same answer:  You won't know if you still need them unless you try going without them.

I needed a refill and since I'm not good at time management/remembering things, a couple days passed before I picked the refill up.  And since I had gone a couple of days without taking any brain soothing medicine, I figured now is as good a time as any to see if I still need it.

It's been a little over a week and so far, so good.  This weekend ought to be a good test!

We were only going to have a birthday celebration at my parents' because one of the other kids at daycare has the same birthday and her mom beat me to the punch with the whole party invitation thing.  Which I was oh so sad about.  Sure, yeah, that's the story we'll go with...I was really sad.

But then the other day, I said something to Alex about how exciting it was that we were having his birthday at Gramma and Grampa Z's and he got all sad.  When I asked what was wrong, he pathetically told me he really wanted to celebrate at home.  I was not really about to change plans away from an afternoon at the pool, and since we don't need to beat the My Child is Spoiled dead horse anymore, I'm sure we all know where this is going.  Yep, I told him we could have some friends over on Sunday.  Now normally, "Sure, we can have some friends over." should be read as "Mommy and Daddy's friends will come over!"  But he's getting too old for that to work anymore.  Lame.

So I talked to a couple of the moms at daycare and they said they would try, but weren't sure they could make it.  So I talked to a couple other people.  And our friends.  And our neighbor.  And then all of a sudden all the people I talked to could make it!  And asked if it was alright if they brought the people visiting them with!

So, what started out as a couple kids coming over is turning into somewhere's around 20 people or so.  Oh, and Travis has to work.  Ha!  You ready brains?

Good thing the smallest pork shoulder Costco had was 15lbs...at least I'll have enough meat to keep these people quiet.  Now, I just need to figure out what the hell to do with Mariah.

1 comment:

  1. Mariah will be happy with chex mix and cheesy potatoes - don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete