Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Fathers' Day!

I have yet to get Travis anything for Fathers' Day.  Daycare made him cookies and a cute, thoughtful gift.  They're lucky I like them.


It took me a minute to realize the thing he is holding is the "I" of "I heart Dad."  It took you a minute too, right?  No?  Just me?  Figures.

Apparently about 5 minutes after they got done with the little interview for this project, Alex went up to his teacher to tell her that he thought of something else about his dad.  And then he said, "He's always cheating on my mom."  It took me a minute to recover from the shock and a couple more minutes to figure out what he was talking about.  We play tag in our house a lot.  There is a circle path from the kitchen, the living room and the walk through closet.  Travis consistently runs the opposite way of Alex and me so he can catch us.  And when he does that, I justifiably yell that he is a cheater.  At least that's what I hope he's talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment