Monday, June 17, 2013

Earning Points

About 5 minutes into our drive this morning, Alex dropped his waffle between the seat and door.  He started whining about it.  When I told him it was a bummer but not something I was about to listen to whining about, he just quietly pouted.  Since he listened and stopped whining, but was obviously sad about his waffle-less state, I pulled over when I could and walked around to his door.

When I opened the door, he looked at me terrified and asked what I was doing.  The terror, I'm sure, was due to the fact that the only other time I have pulled over and came to his door was to freak out on him for throwing a tantrum.  So, I reached down, grabbed the waffle, looked at him smiling and told him I wanted to get his waffle for him.  He gave me a ginormous smile and a "Fanks Mom!"

And then, when I got back in my seat, he paused before taking a bite and said, "That was really cool Mom...fanks."  Can't think of a better way to start my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment