Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Unacceptable

Alex had a great week last week except for Thursday.  He had a rough day and then all hell broke loose when I tried to make him leave day care when he wanted to continue having the new girl read to him.  Speaking of her...she was trying to help me, I get that, but telling Alex that he should go with his mom because his mom has a surprise for him at home and that she knows this because his mom told her so...?  Yeah, you're just settin' me up for colossal failure there chickeepoo, so if you could just go ahead and pipe down, that would be appreciated.

Anyway, he screamed the whole way out, screamed and flailed while I wrestled him into his car seat, and screamed higher and louder when I shut his door.  I got in my seat and let this screaming go on for a little while.  When I had heard beyond enough, I turned around and told him this behavior was unacceptable.  And I asked him if he knew what unacceptable meant.  Alas, he did not, so we had a little lesson in the car before heading home.

We arrived home only to find I had forgotten to close a door to the spare room and the dog had gone ballistic during the day.  She shredded two blinds, pulled apart a baby gate, left every curtain disheveled upstairs and was just clearly all around spazzy.  I was trying my best to keep my cool, but my blood was boiling.  As I walked around the house assessing the damage, all I could hear was Alex:

Aiden.  This is SUNsesectable!  Mom, this is SUNsesectable, right?  I'm mad at the dog.  Are you mad at the dog, Mom?  I'm mad at the dog.  This is SUNsesectable.

And with that, I gave up and stood in front of the kitchen sink and ate cookie dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment