Wednesday, March 6, 2013

People

I find myself in disbelief of people's actions on almost a daily basis.  I'm assuming this is due, in part, to the fact that one facet of my job is customer service, but still.  People.  Really.

I don't think it's rocket surgery to leave a message when someone doesn't answer their phone.  Especially when you are calling over a time frame customarily known as lunch hour.  Dialing someone's number, letting it go to voicemail, not leaving a message, and then immediately redialing that person's number, and going through this cycle multiple times in quick succession only to not leave a message is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Invariably, 99% of the time, these are the same people that when I do answer, give me the "I've been trying to get a hold of someone forever."  Nooo, you have been busy being an idiot.  If you had left a message like a normal person, I would have kindly and quickly called you back...you know, after I no longer had food in mouth.

The other thing I don't understand is that most of time when I call someone for work related stuff, the whole time it's ringing I'm chanting pleasegotovoicemailpleasegotovoicemailpleasegotovoicemail under my breath.  And when I do get their voicemail, I instantly become Freddy Mercury.

No comments:

Post a Comment