Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Humility

After we spent a lot of time thinking and talking about his horrible no good rotten day at day care, Alex and I were slowly but surely becoming happy again.  As I was trying to find an affordable flight to California, I realized he was no longer sitting next to me.  I found him in the bathroom with the door shut.  Upon opening the door I was told he had closed it because he "had to poop really bad."  Cool.  Let me know if you need me.  And since it seems he is unable to have a bowel movement without me sitting there on the edge of the tub, he immediately yelled that he needed me.

We sat in there for a good 20 minutes of straining and grunting and hurting with zero result. I told him I had an idea to maybe make things easier.  So we took off his clothes and socks and stood him on the toilet seat.  While I held on to him, he squatted down.  People say it's easier to give birth this way too, but that would require no epidural...yeah, ok, you have fun with that.

Anywho, it only took about 47 seconds in the assumed position before this child dropped the mother of all poo's.  And apparently his little body wasn't letting go of any pee until that big ol' ma'amajamma left the building because with the release of the poo, came the release of a whole lotta pee.  And since I was holding him up, all of it ended up on my sweater and jeans.  He burst out laughing and said, "Moooooom..hahahahaha....I totally just peed on your clothes."  Yes, yes you did.  And I'm so happy we can share this joyous occasion.

The humility that comes with raising children has no comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment