Friday, March 29, 2013

Habits

Recent background:  Three days ago, Travis left a beer sitting on the living room table.  I was in the kitchen and heard some slurping.  I looked over only to see my darling 3 year old with his head thrown back, drinking the beer.  I told him to stop and he looked at me grinning and announced, "Mama...I had FOUR sips."

Last night, Travis went outside to do something and left his glass of beer on the kitchen table.  Within seconds, I hear Mr. Alex clamoring on a chair.  I look and see his little arm stretched out trying to grab the beer with a very naughty gleam in his eye.  Obviously, I said no.  The following conversation then took place:

Me:  No!  You cannot have Daddy's beer!
Alex:  Please!  I want a beer!
Me:  No!!  No no no!  You are not allowed to have beer.
Alex (without missing a beat):  Can I have a glass of wine then?

......

Don't you worry, we've got this parenting thing nailed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment