Monday, March 11, 2013

Are you worthy?

Alex has started telling people that annoy him that they can't come to his birthday party.  Nice, right?  First things first, his birthday isn't until the end of June.  Second, the only reason he is thinking about his birthday at all is because we were at Costco and he saw this dune buggy lookin' thing that he could drive around and he started begging for it.  And to get him to stop begging, I told him maybe he could have it for his birthday.  Which was translated into toddlerese as, "It's your birthday starting now and I am totally buying that for you."  

So, every time somebody does anything he isn't cool with him, he tells them, "you're not coming to my birfday party."  Niiiiice.  I have told him he needs to stop saying that.  That he and I will decide who is coming to his birthday party when the time comes.  That it hurts his friends' feelings when he says that to them.

This morning one of the little girls ran up to show him her new bouncy ball.  After he immediately one upped her by informing her he has three bouncy balls, they ran off to test out the bounciness of her new one.  Within 30 seconds I hear her asking him if she can come to his birthday party.  So, I called him over and reminded him that he isn't supposed to be awarding and stripping his friends of party invitations.  He said ok and I followed up by telling him not again to say that to people.  And I got a big ol' "Iiiiiiii pahwomise." and off he went.

No comments:

Post a Comment