Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sharing the Magic

Last night, Alex was helping me with some laundry.  And I mean, since it was all laundry due to the fact he pees more than any human boy throughout the night, it was nice that he was lending a helping hand.  I taught him how to fold a blanket and he opened the drawer to put it away.  That's when his little eyes landed on a different blanket!  One he hasn't seen in a while!  MOM WHERE DID THIS COME FROM?!?

I told him it was one from when he was a little baby, to which he responded like I had just jarred his memory of being 3 months old, "Oh yeah...it's my favorite."  Oh really?  I think Brown Elephant Blanket might want to be part of this conversation.  The mere mention of his beloved made him reconsider and deem both blankets his favorite.  What does that mean you ask?  It means I get to wrestle with yet another blanket every night and every morning and every laundry day.  I can't really be too irritated though because my love of blankets is rivaled only by my love of a good pillow, so I can throw no stones.

I was abruptly stopped this morning when I dared to try to leave the house with only Brown Elephant Blanket.  How could I even think of leaving Blue Puppy Blanket behind?  How did I not know one of the babies needed to use one of these sacred blankets?  Well dude, I am still trying to understand how your little mind spins, so cut me some slack.

When we got to daycare, he immediately went into the baby room to asses the pending blanket needs.  Blue Puppy Blanket was spread out flat on the floor for a play surface for one baby, and Brown Elephant Blanket was tucked into a swing with the son of the director of daycare.  I left as I could see the amount of instructions he was spouting off to the teachers in the baby room was going to take some time.

About three hours later, I received a picture message from said director of her son fast asleep, with Brown Elephant Blanket snuggled all around him.  The accompanying message said that not once, but twice, he went to sleep with the blanket without a single fuss.  Not a normal occurrence for this little one.  I replied that this blanket holds some serious magic since merely taking it away from Alex has taught him to keep his hands to himself.  Her response?  Well that for sure makes me believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment