Thursday, August 23, 2012

Alex & Julio

I don't want to jinx it, but I am super happy, so here goes:

The Brown Blanket Deal seems to be working.  He has had possession of said blanket for 4 days in a row.  And he has been excited about it every day when I pick him up in the afternoon.  I always ask how his day was and the last three days he has said, "Goooooooood.  I get to keep my brown blankeeeeee!"  Sweet music to my ears.

He has been less monstrous at home this week as well.  Not sure why, but I do not care.  It is so nice to have fun days with him instead of trying with every fiber of my being to not lock him in the basement and occasionally throw down a water bottle and some Cheez-Its.  It also has allowed for a lot more dialogue since I am not on a constant repeat of NO!, STOP IT!, or DON'T BAM THE DOG!

My favorite saying of his as of late is "last week...blah blah blah."  Everything he wants to tell me happened last week.  That field trip they took yesterday?  Nope.  Last week.  The massive monster slaying expedition he and I undertook last night?  Nope.  Last week.  And he starts the story the exact same way each time...

Mama?  Last week, (mouth smack, mouth smack, mouth smack) last week we *insert whatever activity he participated in anywhere from 5 minutes ago to 5 days ago*.

With all this cute and good behavior, there must be something naughty mixed in, right?  I mean this is the one and only Alex "Julio" Julius.  Well, this child does not disappoint.  Yesterday (not last week mind you), he asked me something and I didn't hear him so I asked him to repeat it.  He just looked at me with a completely exhausted expression, stuck his arms out with palms up, sighed the world's heaviest sigh, and asked, "How many times do I have to tell you?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment