Thursday, August 9, 2012

Big day

Upon arriving at day care on Tuesday afternoon, I found his shorts, underwear and socks laid out on a railing, completely soaking wet and my child running around in a girls' pair of pants with an awesome butterfly on the butt pocket.  Did he have an accident?  Nope.  He got some paint on his shorts during art time and decided he needed to wash it off in the sink in the bathroom after peeing.  How and why his underwear and socks were included is beyond me.  I gathered up the sopping bundle and threw it in the wash when we got home.

Wednesday morning, I happened to grab the same shorts, now freshly laundered.  I saw that the paint hadn't completely come out, but whatever; he was just going to get them all dirty at day care again so what's the difference.  Um, yeah, the difference, you dumb dumb dumb mom, is that this kid clearly was not OK with wearing shorts that have paint on them.  Duh.

But yesterday, he upped the anti.  Not only did he again attempt to wash his shorts in the sink, he did that immediately after he had plugged the toilet with a mountain of toilet paper.  Nothin' half-assed from this kid.  And of course his teacher slipped in the water and banged her knee into the wall.  He accomplished all this and hit enough people that we had to have a little talk with his teacher.

I almost lost it right there.  Between being pissed off about my leg hurting and forgetting to take my stopbeingcrazy pills, the additional wonderful news of Alex's antics just about put me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment