Monday, August 20, 2012

13.1 once again

Madison Mini:  Done!


Thanks to Julie's long legs and faster pace, we finished a whole bunch faster than the race in Nashville; 2 hours, 23 minutes.  I would also like to contribute that to the lack of hills, humidity and heat.  My leg held out and is feeling pretty good.  I somehow managed to hurt my foot somewhere along the line, but I'm sure we'll get that sorted too.

It was so much fun and so energizing having people we knew there to cheer us on throughout the course.  We had 9 cheerleaders between the two of us that scampered all over Madison to make sure they were there to keep us going.  It's amazing how much a friendly face cheering you on puts a pep back in your step.  I didn't have the urge to break down bawling at the end this time...until I hugged my mom.  And then we cried like little sissy girls.


My body's still in recovery mode so Kari's invite/demand to fix my foot so I can run another half with her in November was not exactly eagerly met.  But as Mariah said, "Give it a day or two."

No comments:

Post a Comment