Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wrong side of the crib

Wowsers. Alex woke up wearing some extreme crabby camper pants. Crabby to the point that me asking him if he wanted some juice spurred a complete sobbing Good gravy woman why would you ask me that? meltdown. Relax dude, it's juice, not Hemlock. The morning continued on in that fashion. I actually laughed pretty much in his face when about 7 minutes after his juice breakdown, he asked me for juice. So that's how it's gonna be, huh kid? Awwwesome.

The ride to daycare was shockingly quiet. He just kinda blankly stared out of his window and only said about three things. I am pretty sure he is allergic to something flying around in the air, and this morning he totally had the allergy look. Mouth breathing, red itchy eyes, pathetic vacant stare, constant half-sneeze sitting in his nose. Pretty much exactly what I see when I look at Travis or a mirror. Allergy season is fun!

Normally he is super excited to go to daycare. Like requests I run if I am carrying him kind of excited. But today, not so much. He started sadly saying no thank you as soon as I unbuckled him. And that turned into full on hysterics when I opened the front door. After a lot of snuggling and telling him to relax he finally trotted off to play. And I attempted my escape. Attempted and failed. It's like he's got a homing tag on me. As soon as I get one foot out of his room, his internal Mom Is Leaving alarm goes off and he comes run-crying to beg me to stay. Alas, I could not appease his request. And I left hearing the horrible sound of my kid screaming and flailing trying to get to me.

I talked to one of his teachers later in the morning and not shockingly, he was fine about 2.7 minutes after I left. But man, leaving like that just does not get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment