Friday, June 3, 2011

Trade off

So I am trying my best to be more diligent about taking my evening dose of Keepyourbrainsinworkingfunction pills. I am mostly succeeding. But that leads to the side effect I was avoiding in the first place. I cannot stay asleep. I can fall asleep just fine. Off to sleep I go...for a bit. And then throughout the rest of the night I wake up at least every 2 hours. Just enough to decide I am uncomfortable, fidget around a bit, look at the clock and fall back asleep. It is so aggravating. Not to mention exhausting.

The other way it messes with my sleepy time is that I have crayzay dreams. Just the other night I was back at my high school, possibly attending classes, but most definitely dating my old math teacher. For clarification and justification, my old math teacher most certainly did not get hit with the ugly stick. Ever. And there was a shopping cart randomly throughout my dream. And my dad was divorcing my mom. Good times.

But I am noticing an improvement in my overall ability to handle things on a day to day basis so that's good. Well, except for Wednesday. Wow, Wednesday was a tough one for me. And in turn for Travis. He is so lucky don't you think? But since I do notice a difference, I am toughing it out on the sleep/dream issue. I figure either my body will get used to the added meds and get over its issues, or I will just go stark raving mad. Place your bets now!

2 comments:

  1. Just be happy you don't have the insane increase in sweating both me and another family member of mine experienced while taking the Keepyourbrainsinworkingfunction pills. Grosssss.

    I had wacky dreams, too. Mine calmed down after the 3rd or 4th month, but they never went away completely (I was only on them for a couple more months, so who knows). The interrupted sleep blows, but better than being a hot mess during waking hours, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try a benedryl before bed every night. That's what my doctor recommended. It worked for quite some time. It counteracted the wellbutrin. It's no match for my current anxiety, but what is?

    ReplyDelete