Tuesday, June 21, 2011

10!

Once again Travis and I are thanking our lucky stars Alex goes to daycare...

On Sunday, Alex was sitting in his chair at the table, and he and I started counting for some reason that currently escapes the steel trap that is my memory. Anyway, I said 1, he said 2, I said 3 and so on...all the way up to 10. He shouted 10, threw his arms up and cheered like he had just won the Stanley Cup. I sat there slack-jawed and amazed.

I had absolutely positively no clue my child could count to ten. We count to 3 every time we start the car, and he sometimes throws a 4 in there, but I honestly did not know he knew anything beyond that. And what's worse is that at no point did the thought cross my mind that I should maybe be teaching the human I am in charge of that information. I'm too busy teaching him what sound a donkey makes, I don't have time for silly things like numbers. Don't even get me started on letters! What? You think I should teach this kid to read? Pffft.

No comments:

Post a Comment