Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Extra awesome Monday

The birthday party was great. Only weird part was when some kids from somewhere in the neighborhood brought a permission slip to bounce, and then asked if I had any water for them, and then got kicked out of the bounce house by my sister for swearing, and then flipped me some static, and then I yelled at them. But other than that weirdness, it was really good.

By the way, bounce houses are ridiculously fun. I highly recommend partaking in adult beverages and then bouncing with three of your best friends. Who needs crazy pills when you have a bounce house and beer?!

All the fun ended Sunday though. We were headed to my parents' for more birthday celebrating and stopped at Culver's for lunch. At which point Alex's kindasortamightbea fever decided to really show up and play and made him sick enough to barf all over the table. Yay for public puking! So we skipped a day at the pool. He took two 2 hour naps. Travis napped with him. I stained the fence. I got some sun though so it wasn't a total loss.

He was still a little warm Monday morning so I kept him home...while I worked from home. But he wasn't really sick anymore. So he was very active. And loud. And active. Awesomesauce all around. At least this time nobody asked me if there was a dog in the background.

Then it was nap time. He tried to convince me to let him sleep on the couch which I would have been all about if he was actually going to sleep. But tucking your knees under you, putting your butt in the air and your head on a pillow for 7 seconds does not count as sleeping. So I tried to put him down in his room. And then I tried to ignore the screaming for 40 minutes. And then I broke, but quickly fixed, my phone out of frustration. And then I caved and went in and rocked him to sleep. And sleep he did. For 15 minutes. No joke. I almost cried when he woke up.

Shockingly, he was in a pretty good mood for the rest of the afternoon. And he only interrupted two phone calls. One interruption was to say hi to the person I was talking to. Luckily she thought it was cute having a 2 year old repeating Hi.Hi.Hi. into the phone while trying to get his face all up next to said phone while I tried to keep it away from him.

Back to me giving in and rocking him to sleep. I was mad. Mad at him. Mad at me. Mad at the situation. I stormed in and found him standing there in his crib, red face, puffy red eyes, tears streaming down his face. And he just looked at me and between giant sobbing breaths he said, "Fank you Mama, fank you." And then I melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment